Monday, 18 November 2013

Visa & Family

So this post is two-fold:

#1 - our passports arrived today, complete with travel visas intact!

#2 - my sister is pregnant.

It may not seem like a big deal, but it is a HUGE deal. She is almost 39 and has fought infertility her whole adult life. She had one husband who was an ass who wouldn't entertain interventions, another who had a vasectomy and said he wanted to have it reversed . . . for 6 years. For 6 years he led her on and she finally left him for a man who wanted more kids.

And now, after trying for 6 months (only 6 months!) she is pregnant. At near-39. After years of fertility issues.

AND I AM OVER THE MOON. This is awesome.

She really, really deserves it.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your sister and so glad your paperwork cane back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the paperwork coming through!

    Congrats, auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you've moved to a surrogacy route (good luck, and I'm following that blog too!) but I nominated you for the Sunshine Award. :) http://chroniclesofanadoption.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being an Auntie! I know you are going to be an amazing auntie!

    Also you look beautiful in your wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came across your blog and have read all the way back to the beginning. I just want to say congratulations on your new journey. You will make a great Mother, you appear to have so much love to give. As an RN in California I enjoyed your nursing stories as well. It is amazing that the same type situations are going on across the country. :) I hope to never be one of the old nurses that just want to shut off the fluids. Best wishes and safe travels. I look forward to following your journey to your baby/babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish! Thank you so much for commenting. I love reading comments!

      Thanks for saying such kind things. And I really hope you're never in that position either.

      Thanks again!

      Delete