Sunday, 3 November 2013

What Comes Next

The last few years have been about options. What are they, how to evaluate them and which ones are best suited to us at any given time.

When we made a choice, I would write about it and chronicle our way through the ups and downs.

When you think about it, as we've been forced to do time and time again, there are relatively few ways to become a parent. You can:
  1. Have a baby;
  2. Marry into a family;
  3. adopt; or 
  4. use a surrogate.
Since we have failed at options 1 through 3, we are left with surrogacy.

As you know, we've dabbled with surrogacy before. But at the time we ultimately felt adoption was a better choice for us as we couldn't bear to gamble with biology any further.

Well, look how that turned out.

So we are back to surrogacy.

Our previous surrogate is unavailable, and we had an offer from someone else but it's not a practical fit. Yes, I know I should feel lucky that someone has offered, but when doing this it has to be right or it won't work and lives will be turned upside down.

So, as you may have guessed from my last 2 posts and the addition of a SCI badge on the right side of the blog, we've decided to use a surrogate in India.

Yup! There's an incredible clinic there that has a stellar reputation. I've spoken with many of their former clients and we are comfortable.

Afterall, it's the only option left for us.

So I have started a surrogacy specific blog (see photo below) that all of you are welcome to visit. I will post that occasional post here as things move forward (similar to how I made the occasional post about the adoption), but most of the details will be on the other blog as the surrogacy community devours such blogs.

It is not lost on me that it was this time last year that we started the intricate adoption process. Hopefully something will come of this route.

Indian surrogacy is a very controversial topic in some circles, and we are not blind to it. But we are comfortable with out clinic and have utter faith in them.

I'm happy to answer any questions any of you might have about it as we go through, so don't be afraid to ask.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I hope this brings a sweet child to you very soon. I will be following your other blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate the support Sara!

      Delete
  2. I'll be following both blogs and I am hoping so hard that this ends with a baby in your arms. You've been through too much and it's your turn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stasy! I agree - it's my turn!!!!

      Delete